–Strawberry Jalapeno Mock-Margarita
Makes 2- 12oz portions
1 portion is 140 kcals, 1g protein, 37g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0g fat
- 1/3 of 1 cucumber, peeled
- ¼ of 1 jalapeno, seeds and pith removed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries*
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Juice from one lime
- 1 packet (0.8g) True Lemon unsweetened crystallized lemon
- ½ cup ice
- Add the cucumber, jalapeno, and frozen strawberries to a blender.
- Combine the orange juice, honey, lime juice, and True Lemon, and pour into the blender.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.
Try it with other fruits like blackberries or mango too!
-Kiwi Basil Mock- Mojito
Makes 1 serving (70 kcals, 1g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0g fat)
- ¼ kiwi, peeled
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 basil leaf
- ½ cup limeade
- ¼ cup club soda
- ½ cup Ice
- Additional kiwi slices, mint, & basil leaves for garnish
In the bottom of a glass, muddle the kiwi together with the mint and basil leaves. Pour the limeade over the muddled kiwi and herbs, add ice, and shake or stir together. Top with club soda. Garnish glass with additional mint or basil leaves and a kiwi slice.
For more information on how to eat healthy, read Pennington Biomedical Research Center’s blog article, “A Recipe for a Healthier Louisiana- 2,000 Nutritious Calories a Day” at https://ghgb.pbrc.edu/a-recipe-for-a-healthier-louisiana-2000-nutritious-calories-a-day/