Gov. John Bel Edwards will move Louisiana into Phase 2 of reopening June 5, allowing businesses to expand their limited operations or open for the first time since he issued the first coronavirus stay-at-home order in March.
Casinos will now be allowed to open up 75% of their “gaming positions” like slot machines.
As of May 27, six of Shreveport-Bossier’s seven casinos have reopened for business. Please note that some amenities, such as restaurants, spas and retail shops, may remain closed at this time in keeping with federal and state guidance. Contact individual casino properties directly for more information.
Shreveport-Bossier’s open casinos
- Horseshoe Bossier City’s website: www.horseshoebossiercity.com
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs: www.harrahslouisianadowns.com
- Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City: www.margaritavillebossiercity.com
- Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport: www.eldoradoshreveport.com
- Boomtown Bossier City: www.boomtownbossier.com
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino: www.samstownshreveport.com
Shreveport-Bossier casinos have all implemented health and safety protocols that meet or exceed mandates issued by Governor Edwards reopening phases as seen below.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily and throughout each shift.
- Team members have been trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- High touch items have been cleaned and disinfected between use.
- Social distancing procedures have been implemented across all properties and gathering areas.
- Casino floors, restaurants and other seated venues have reduced their capacities to allow for appropriate social distancing.
HAND WASHING & SANITIZING
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the properties.
- Team Members will provide hand sanitizer at check-in, table games, cage, and other transaction points.
CASINO AND GAMING
- Slot machines have been arranged to allow for proper social distancing.
- Machines are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available near slots.
- Positions will be limited at each table to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Guests will not be able to congregate behind players at a gaming table.
- Where possible, procedures have been adjusted to allow only dealers to touch cards.
- High touch gaming items (dice, chips, etc.) will be routinely disinfected, and cards will be refreshed more frequently.
- Dealers will provide hand sanitizer to every arriving player.
When you’re ready to un-pause life and “press play,” Shreveport-Bossier’s six are open for business and ready to welcome you with Southern hospitality, great amenities and pulse-pounding gaming excitement.
Looking for more information? Download the Official Visitor’s Guide to Shreveport-Bossier, request a printed copy by mail, or call 1-800-551-8682 to request visitor information by phone.